
Say hello to "Puch".
He's my new old bicycle, and I don't really know how to pronounce his name, but he's on my list of "top 7 things that interest me". I did minimal research on his make and model, and really didn't find much at all...
Also on my list of things that interest me are, "pretty things". On my Google Reader, I have all the blogs I follow separated into two categories- "pretty things" and "deeper things". "Pretty things" include various design and fashion blogs, while "Deeper things" include blogs that my friends keep to share their creative writing process, or to write about heart wrenching, mind splitting, life changing revelations they've been given straight from the heart of God, or to write about their everyday escapades in faraway countries. For a second, I wondered to myself if it was bad that I like "pretty things" and spend a small chunk of time browsing various blogs to find "pretty things" to be inspired by...but I decided that it wasn't. Not so I could excuse or justify the time I spend browsing blogs, or re-decorating my room, or putting together an inspired outfit, but because I'm in a process of learning that God really did knit me together in my mother's womb, and He created me purposefully the way I am. Everything about the way I was created speaks of my dear Creator and His Kingdom- how I like things to be beautiful, the way I feel deeply, how I come alive with the changing seasons, etc...I know that through the eternal perspective and in the Kingdom mindset, it's okay that I like pretty things.
every neat little thing about you speaks of God, too.
We were after all, created in His image :)
Let's delight in that for awhile...

No comments:
Post a Comment